The much-awaited OnePlus 6 has finally reached Philippine shores. The smartphone boasts an improved design using glass and aluminum, a bigger display, powerful cameras, and water resistance, a feature not carried by previous models.
OnePlus, touted as a flagship killer, has gained a loyal following among Filipinos because of its lower price tag as compared to most popular brands. Despite the cost, OnePlus has managed to put together all essential flagship features and encase these in a beautiful hardware.
The OnePlus 6 sports a slim and almost bezel-less design; its display occupying almost its entire front panel. At 6.28 inches, its screen is currently one of the largest among flagship models. It features a notch which houses the front camera. A nifty feature of OnePlus 6 is that it gives users the option to hide the notch in front.
The OnePlus 6 comes with the latest Oxygen OS based on Android Oreo 8.1. Its operating system is one of its main selling points because it uses a version that is close to stock Android with just a few essential tweaks. That means the daily usage of the phone is smooth, fast, and with no hiccups, even when running applications that are resource intensive.
One of the features that OnePlus is best known for is its cameras. The OnePlus 6 carries dual rear-facing cameras with a primary 16-megapixel sensor, optical image stabilization, and an aperture of f/1.7. Its secondary sensor is at 20 megapixels with an aperture of f/1.7. OnePlus 6’s camera uses artificial intelligence for a stunning Portrait Mode.
One feature that debuts in OnePlus 6 is water resistance. While the OnePlus 6 does not carry an Ingress Protection (IP) rating, its internals have been lined with water resistant foams to prevent liquids from reaching the batteries and motherboard.
It can withstand short drops in the sink, light rain, and accidental spills but OnePlus cautions users in submerging the handset for an extended period of time, much more in taking it swimming.
The added durability and protection, nonetheless, makes it the perfect companion for those who love to travel and go out on adventures.
Price and Availability
OnePlus 6 is available at all Digital Walker outlets (SM Mall of Asia, SM North EDSA, Estancia Mall, Gateway Mall, and Ayala Center Cebu).
The 64GB variant is priced at Php30,990, the 128GB model is at Php33,990, and the 256GB version is priced at Php37,490.
Here are the specifications of OnePlus 6:
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.8 mm (6.13 x 2.97 x 0.31 in)
- Build: Front/rear glass, aluminum frame
- Type: Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.28 inches, 98.4 cm2 (~83.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Oxygen OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Adreno 630
- Primary: Dual: 16 MP (f/1.7, 27mm, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, gyro-EIS, OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.7, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary: 16 MP (f/2.0, 20mm, 1/3″, 1.0µm), gyro-EIS, Auto HDR, 1080p
- Midnight Black, Mirror Black, Silk White
Do you think the OnePlus 6 is a worthy upgrade? Does it hold well as compared to current flagship phones in the market? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
For similar stories, please click here.
- Burnt Edges by Shrimp Bucket: an explosion of flavors
- King Chef Dimsum Kitchen: a feast of authentic Chinese flavors
- How to start a kiddie savings account for your little one
- Honda Shadow Aero 750 OEM parts buying guide for travelers
- 30 Buffet: a unique and easy-on-the-pocket dining experience
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration