Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa is just as opulent as other Shangri-La properties around the Philippines. However, this is our favorite so far because it’s a beachfront hotel.
On our second day in Mactan, we vowed never to leave any nook unexplored in Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa. We had a hearty breakfast, after which, we took a stroll around the manicured garden and the swimming pools.
From the garden, we followed the narrow landscaped paths that led us to the breathtaking cove at the edge of the property. The beach was such a sight, with its powdery fine white sand kissed by gentle waves from the deep aquamarine sea.
The water was so clear, you can see the schools of fish underneath. We were spellbound by the beauty of the vast blue ocean so we spent most of our morning by the beach.
Come lunchtime, we ordered food at Buko Bar, Mactan Shangri-La’s al fresco poolside lounge, when we got hungry. I ordered pork satay; nothing spectacular about it because it was like regular barbecue. But it was filling, nonetheless.
After lunch, we decided to rest briefly at our rooms and change into something more comfortable. When we were well-rested, my wife and I reckoned it would be enjoyable to take take a longer walk around the property.
We saw one area being prepped for a wedding reception. Interestingly, we also saw an open chapel near the reception area.
Not far away from the chapel was Shangri-La’s signature Chi Spa. We took several photographs of the exteriors as well as interiors of Chi Spa.
From Chi Spa, our feet brought us to a dock which provided a magnificent view of the vast, open waters. We would, of course, never miss the opportunity for photographs to immortalize the beauty of the ocean right before our very eyes.
We went back to our room right after sundown. Come dinner time, we thought it might be good to try Tea of Spring, Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa’s Chinese restaurant. Anyway, I will tell more of our dining experience in a separate post.
- Our Summer Adventure at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa in Cebu
- Cebu City Tour (Sto. Niño Shrine & Taboan Market)
- Our Last Day in Mactan Shangri-La
- Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa’s Acqua Restaurant
- Dining at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa’s Tea of Spring
If you are interested to book a room at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa or if you want to find out their latest promos and offers, you may get in touch with them through the following:
There are also daily direct flights to Mactan-Cebu International Airport so going to Cebu is fairly easy.
- Burnt Edges by Shrimp Bucket: an explosion of flavors
- King Chef Dimsum Kitchen: a feast of authentic Chinese flavors
- How to start a kiddie savings account for your little one
- Honda Shadow Aero 750 OEM parts buying guide for travelers
- 30 Buffet: a unique and easy-on-the-pocket dining experience
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration