Our family had dinner at Tea of Spring during our second night at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa. As the name suggests, Tea of Spring offers oriental cuisine in its menu. The interiors are reminiscent of well-known Chinese restaurants in Manila, with red lanterns hung throughout the place. The tables are big – perfect for any family gathering or celebrations. As can be expected, hot tea is served free and overflowing.
We ordered yang chow fried rice, braised minced beef wit h bean curd sauce, stewed pork ribs, fried chicken for the children, chicken noodle soup, and vegetable and seafood omelet.
I first tried the stewed pork ribs – it was tender enough but there was nothing splendid about the taste. The braised minced beef was also tender. It had a well-balanced sweet-salty taste but, nonetheless, also ordinary.
What I enjoyed most was the chicken noodle soup and the omelet. The egg noodles were very firm and tasted rich. The warm soup that was bursting with flavor was a good complement to the rich noodles. This dish had huge slices of shitake mushrooms and fresh Chinese lettuce. As for the omelet, well, you can never go wrong with any fried dish with egg.
One thing I discovered during that night was what my sister-in-law called “extraordinary sauce” or XO sauce. We really did not know what it was made of. It looked like the usual chili-garlic sauce in siomai joints but it tasted “funky” at first but it made any dish, whether meat or soup, really delicious.
I really would not consider it as a superb dinner, but it was, all in all, satisfying. Service was also good and fast. Plus, it was more affordable here as compared to Acqua.
- Our Summer Adventure at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa in Cebu
- Cebu City Tour (Sto. Niño Shrine & Taboan Market)
- Exploring Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa
- Our Last Day in Mactan Shangri-La
- Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa’s Acqua Restaurant
If you are interested to book a room at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa or if you want to find out their latest promos and offers, you may get in touch with them through the following:
- Address: Punta Engano Road, Lapu-Lapu, Cebu 6015 Philippines
- Contact number: (63 32) 231 0288
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are also daily direct flights to Mactan-Cebu International Airport so going to Cebu is fairly easy.
- Burnt Edges by Shrimp Bucket: an explosion of flavors
- King Chef Dimsum Kitchen: a feast of authentic Chinese flavors
- How to start a kiddie savings account for your little one
- Honda Shadow Aero 750 OEM parts buying guide for travelers
- 30 Buffet: a unique and easy-on-the-pocket dining experience
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration