We stayed at the Pousada Marina Infante Hotel during our first night in Macau. From the airport, we took a cab to bring us to the hotel. There’s no denying that it’s an old hotel but it’s definitely clean, well-kept and comfortable.
We asked for a room with a nice view of the Galaxy Macau Hotel and the booking personnel was kind enough to accommodate our request. The view from our room — the neighboring grand hotels as well as the cityscape – was absolutely stunning.
Our room came with a standard breakfast buffet. It was a nice spread of rice — both steamed and fried, pastries, eggs, breakfast meats, vegetables, pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit juices and coffee. Food was good although nothing exceptional, save for the bacon and congee which we both loved. What we also liked about the hotel was that all the drinks in the fridge were free. That includes all canned soda and fruit juices. Of course, bottled water is complimentary so you may ask for water anytime of the day or night.
The service is good and the staff is friendly. Call them late at night and you’d still get the same quality of service. During our first night in Macau, we were hungry from our evening flight. We ordered club sandwich via room service and it arrived within 20 minutes. It was good and filling, the layers of meat, cheese and eggs provide different dimensions of flavor to each bite.
Pousada Marina is perfect for those who are in search of a great hotel that offers value for money. No doubt, we’d stay here again when we get the chance to visit Macau.
- Macau’s Fortaleza do Monte (Mount Fortress)
- Where Cultures Converge: Macau’s Largo do Senado (Senado Square)
- Away for the Weekend: Macau Adventure
- The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel is simply breathtaking
- Burnt Edges by Shrimp Bucket: an explosion of flavors
- King Chef Dimsum Kitchen: a feast of authentic Chinese flavors
- How to start a kiddie savings account for your little one
- Honda Shadow Aero 750 OEM parts buying guide for travelers
- 30 Buffet: a unique and easy-on-the-pocket dining experience
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration