Our Puerto Galera Summer Adventure


Finally, our very first real barkada summer getaway.  Our destination, idyllic Puerto Galera. From an initial 15 people, we are down to 5. Nonetheless, we pushed through. This was a long overdue vacation and we wouldn’t let anything stop us from going.

We boarded an early morning Jam Liner bus trip from Buendia in Pasay to Batangas Port. The 2 hour ride was fast and smooth. By the time we got to Batangas Port, it was still dark and there were still no boats going to Mindoro.

We killed time by taking wacky photos and playing mobile phone games. Before we know it, it was already 7 am. Time to get our tickets (Php70 per head). A few more moments of waiting and we were on a small boat bound for White Beach in Puerto Galera.

Along the way, we saw a group of dolphins jump out of the water. About an hour later, we disembarked on White Beach. We were a bit disappointed because we were expecting fine, white sand. Alas, it was not so. Plus the beahfront was crowded with bars and commercial establishments. We asked around if they knew a place that is quiet and secluded. A tricycle driver offered to take us to Talipanpan Beach for Php100. We agreed to it. A 30-minute tricycle ride and we were at Talipanpan. He referred us to the owners of GM’s Beach Resort, a nice old couple who looked genuinely happy to welcome us to their place. Our accommodation included set meals which the owners said they cook fresh, with ingredients bought from the market very early in the morning.


 We immediately got down to business and tried the beach. The sand was gray but the beach front was definitely not crowded. We ask one of the resort employees if they offer activities like a tour around Puerto Galera. Luckily, they do arrange island hopping and snorkelling tour as well as a trek to the waterfalls.

For our first day, we had a tour around town to the Church and port. After lunch, we trekked to the waterfalls. It was a small falls, not really impressive but it was still scenic.





We spent our second day island-hopping. We went snorkelling, then spent about 30 minutes in an island, then to a secluded beach.


 Third day, we were to depart for Batangas Port at 4PM. We went to the public market very early to buy pasalubong and souvenirs.

After lunch, we packed our stuff and got ready. By 4M, our boat was waiting for us. We said goodbye to the nice resort owners and told them that we would someday go back to their lovely resort.

Tell us what you think!