When looking for accommodation, we always try to find one that is proximate to the town or city’s attractions and shopping destinations. Such was our criteria when we chose Golden Gate Suites, conveniently located in the heart of downtown Dumaguete City. The best that the city has to offer is just one tricycle ride away. Of course, the good reviews posted on Travelbook convinced us even more to choose Golden Gate Suites.
The room had all the basic amenities to keep us comfortable during our stay. It was clean, the bed had fresh mattresses, and the air-conditioning was strong. The toilet was likewise sanitary and well-maintained.
They did not have a restaurant but there are convenient stores and coffee shops right outside the hotel. The hotel staff was also very helpful with my inquiries especially when I was asking questions late at night when we were traveling from Cebu to Dumaguete. At around Php798/night, it was a definite steal.
Other Accommodation Options in Dumaguete If you are not staying in downtown Dumaguete, the best option is to choose a hotel along Rizal Boulevard. Should you wish to take a stroll at night, you can conveniently just cross the avenue to the boulevard. Most night out spots and coffee shops are also located along this strip or in adjacent corners. Here are some recommended options:
- Bethel Guest House
- Honeycomb Tourist Inn
- La Residencia Almar Hotel
- C&L Bayview Inn
- Hotel Palwa
For up-to-date awesome deals on hotels in Dumaguete City, you may check TravelBook or Agoda.
- A Review of Anika Island Resort, our home in Bantayan Island
- Atmosphere Resort & Spa: A Luxury Resort with a heart for the Environment
- Negros Oriental Diaries: Dumaguete City Food Guide
- Negros Oriental Diaries: Manjuyod Sandbar and Dumaguete City
- Journeying through Bantayan Island
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration
- Christmas Dinner at The Wholesome Table
- How to go to Ditumabo Falls in San Luis, Aurora + Baler Travel Guides
- Paradise Dynasty: of Xiao Long Bao and other Classic Chinese favorites
- Bohol Travel Guide + Itinerary (Updated)
- Koku Japanese Restaurant Review