This Baler Food Guide does not really cover all restaurants in town but we compiled this list to help travelers easily find the best and most popular restaurants.
When in Baler, the options on where to eat seem endless. There are numerous food stalls in the town proper as well as restaurants around the urban center offering a good variety of flavorful dishes and price points that fit one’s budget. Another thing that we love most about Baler was that food in most restaurants were affordable, had hefty servings, and were of good quality.
For those exploring Baler, here’s a rundown of some of the best restaurants where you can have a filling meal:
1. Yolly’s Ihaw Ihaw
We stopped by here for lunch. Yolly’s offers native dishes such as adobo, pakbet, pork and maya-maya sinigang, Bicol express and menudo, to name a few. They also offer grilled dishes like squids, crabs, shrimps and liempo. Food is around Php60 to Php150 per serving.
2. Picnic Bay by Gerry Shan
Location: Sabang Beach
Picnic Bay is an affordable eat-all-you-can restaurant offering delicious native cuisines. This restaurant is also owned by Gerry Shan of the well-known Gerry Shan’s Place in the town proper. Food here is really good and reasonably-priced at Php250++ per person. It’s along Sabang Beach so expect to be serenaded by the sound of pounding waves. Their selection of soup-based (sinigang, nilaga), meat, vegetable and seafood dishes is extensive. Standout dishes were the crispy squid, lechon kawali, sisig and kilawin. Dessert of fresh fruits, native cakes and leche flan, and unlimited pitcher of iced tea are also included.
3. Bay’s Inn’s Hungry Surfer Restaurant
Location: Buton Street
Our accommodation package in Casitas Bed and Breakfast included a buffet breakfast at the Hungry Surfer Restaurant, run by its sister-lodge, Bay’s Inn. It was a hearty breakfast of garlic rice, eggs, Baler longganisa, tocino and pako salad. Bread, suman and coffee are available as well as juices and iced tea. What’s nice about the Hungry Surfer Restaurant is that it provides a lovely morning view of Sabang Beach.
4. Baler Food Guide: Bayler View
Location: Buton Street
Hungry from walking along Sabang Beach, we stopped by here for merienda. They offer one of the best seafood marinara we have ever had. Their club sandwich and shakes were also notable.
- Travel To Baler: How To Go To This Quiet Surfing Town
- Discovering Baler: Going Around Town
- The Beach House at Costa Pacifica: a Romantic Dinner
- Casitas Bed and Breakfast in Baler
- Costa Pacifica: the Best Luxury Resort in Baler
- The Beach House at Costa Pacifica: a Hearty Breakfast
- Pasalubong deals when in Baler
- Burnt Edges by Shrimp Bucket: an explosion of flavors
- King Chef Dimsum Kitchen: a feast of authentic Chinese flavors
- How to start a kiddie savings account for your little one
- Honda Shadow Aero 750 OEM parts buying guide for travelers
- 30 Buffet: a unique and easy-on-the-pocket dining experience
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration