We had the privilege to try Acqua Restaurant during our family getaway in Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa last March. When eating here, one may opt to go for buffet (I think buffet is offered whole day) or order plated dishes.
For our first dinner, we ordered sinigang na baboy and crispy pata. The sinigang na baboy is a huge bowl of steaming broth with vegetables and chunks of pork. The hot soup looked really tempting but, on my first sip I was taken aback because it was too sour. I like my sinigang sour but it should still have the right balance of saltiness and spice. Not to fret about it, I added a dash of salt to my soup and that did the trick.
The crispy pata is another story though. Clichéd as it may sound, it was sinfully good! The pork skin was crispy and it had the right level of saltiness. The meat was tender and went well with the dipping sauce.
On our second day, we tried their Greek and Caesar Salads and seafood pasta. The Caesar Salad was exquisite. The vegetables are fresh and crisp and lightly dressed but it was flavorful still. It had chunks of feta cheese which lent a salty-creamy taste to the salad.
The seafood salad, on the other hand, was extremely satisfying.It had generous helpings of seafood slices in flavorful red sauce.
What was exciting was, we got a bonus that day. Since our orders came late, the restaurant crew said that we can get dessert from the buffet area. I loaded a huge plate with chunks of fresh fruit and I got myself scoops of ube and vanilla ice cream with all the toppings.
In general, service was good and fast. The staff were very accommodating of our request. However, since this is a hotel restaurant, prepare to get your wallets broken because food is indeed pricey.
- Our Summer Adventure at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa in Cebu
- Cebu City Tour (Sto. Niño Shrine & Taboan Market)
- Exploring Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa
- Our Last Day in Mactan Shangri-La
- Dining at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa’s Tea of Spring
If you are interested to book a room at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa or if you want to find out their latest promos and offers, you may get in touch with them through the following:
- Address: Punta Engano Road, Lapu-Lapu, Cebu 6015 Philippines
- Contact number: (63 32) 231 0288
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are also daily direct flights to Mactan-Cebu International Airport so going to Cebu is fairly easy.
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration
- Christmas Dinner at The Wholesome Table
- How to go to Ditumabo Falls in San Luis, Aurora + Baler Travel Guides
- Paradise Dynasty: of Xiao Long Bao and other Classic Chinese favorites
- Bohol Travel Guide + Itinerary (Updated)
- Koku Japanese Restaurant Review