|View from Timberland at night|
For the last four years, we have been holding our summer weekend treat for our friends from at media at Timberland Sports and Nature Club, a quiet exclusive resort tucked high in the mountains of Rizal. Because of its elevated location, the weather here is chilly and becomes even colder at nighttime. With intermittent mobile phone signal, it is a good venue to relax and just enjoy a slow weekend. Not to worry about being disconnected from the outside world, Timberland has strong wifi signals in its function rooms. Plus, it provides a good view of the nighttime cityscape.
How to go to Timberland:
|Map, taken from Timberland’s website|
When you get to Quezon Memorial Circle, go straight to Commonwealth Avenue. Before Sandiganbayan, turn right to Batasan Road then make a right to Batasan-San Mateo Road. Cross the bridge over Marikina River, then turn left to Gen. Luna. Make a right turn to Delos Santos St.
When the road begins to slope up, turn left into the highway and follow the directional signages leading to Timberland Heights.
What to do in Timberland:
- Take a dip in the Olympic-sized swimming pool. Wearing of proper swimwear is strictly enforced.
2. Have a relaxing massage and other pampering treatments at the salon (you need to reserve a slot).
3. Play basketball, badminton, volleyball, table tennis and billiards.
4. Test your stamina and grip at the wall-climbing area.
5. You may also arrange to go hiking or biking at the nature trail.
6. Catch up on sleep or enjoy a sumptuous buffet.
Entrance to the resort is exclusive to club members. Non-club members may also enjoy Timberland’s facilities by obtaining an endorsement from club-members. Peak season starts from the summer months and may last up to June.
Timberland Sports and Nature Club
Timberland Heights, San Mateo, Rizal
Website: http://www.timberlandclub.com/ Tel: 584-9942, 793-5700
|Plain rice and paella|
|Trail around the property|