In making the most out of one’s journeys, one common denominator that I notice whenever I read articles written by recognized travel bloggers is to plan early for your trips. While I personally enjoy spur-of-the-moment outings, it is more advisable to plan ahead so that you would have enough leeway for saving funds for your trips as well as for maximizing your vacation leaves. For this purpose, making arrangements becomes easier now that Malacañang has already made public the holidays for the year 2018.
Here is the list of regular holidays for the year 2018:
• January 1, 2018, Monday – New Year’s Day
• March 29, 2018 – Maundy Thursday
• March 30, 2018 – Good Friday
• April 9, 2018, Monday – Araw ng Kagitingan
• May 1, 2018, Tuesday – Labor Day
• June 12, 2018, Tuesday – Independence Day
• August 27, 2018, last Monday of August – National Heroes’ Day
• November 30, 2018, Friday – Bonifacio Day
• December 25, 2018, Tuesday – Christmas Day
• December 30, 2018, Sunday – Rizal Day
Below are the special non-working holidays for the year:
• February 16, 2018, Friday – Chinese New Year
• February 25, 2018, Sunday – EDSA Revolution Anniversary
• March 31, 2018 – Black Saturday
• August 21, 2018, Tuesday – Ninoy Aquino Day
• November 1, 2018, Thursday – All Saints’ Day
• December 31, 2018, Monday – last day of the year
Finally, here are two additional Special Non-Working Holidays:
• November 2, 2018, Friday
• December 24, 2018, Monday
Dates for the feasts of Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha, both national holidays, will be announced after the Islamic holidays have been confirmed.
How do you maximize your holidays? Do you have tips that you can share on how to make the most out of your vacation leave benefits or long weekends? Are you one of those who like spontaneous traveling or are you similar to most people who love detailed itineraries as well as advance bookings for their accommodations?
We would love to hear from you! Tell us in the comment section below your tips and tricks in planning for your vacation and in making the most out of your vacation.
• Official Gazette
- Miguel’s Baptism and First Birthday Celebration
- Christmas Dinner at The Wholesome Table
- How to go to Ditumabo Falls in San Luis, Aurora + Baler Travel Guides
- Paradise Dynasty: of Xiao Long Bao and other Classic Chinese favorites
- Bohol Travel Guide + Itinerary (Updated)
- Koku Japanese Restaurant Review