I began 2011 with much anticipation and excitement. That year, I only had one thing in my mind; to see as many new places as I can. Although I still was not able to travel more, as I hoped for, there were many other unforgettable experiences that the past year had bundled for me.
All in all, it was a good and fulfilling period for me. I gained new friends, learned new skills, had been to new places. Come to think of it, 2011 was a fun year after all. It had its usual challenges but I can still jot down a lot of things that are memorable and some that I can be proud of. In fact, 2011 is a year of many firsts for me.
Here are some highlights of my year 2011:
- My weekend Intramuros walks with Deeday. What better way to see the weekend that to spend it in historical Intramuros. Manila will always be my favorite city.
- Saving funds for the house and the farm.
- Completing the Visita Iglesia for the first time. I accompanied a friend in seven different churches around Manila. It was a new experience which I hope to do again.
- Participating in the Black Nazarene procession. I did not really joined the crowd but we followed the throng from Legarda Street to Quiapo Church.
- Riding an airplane for the first time. This was for an out of town assignment in Cebu.
- Being outside Luzon (Cebu) for the first time.
- Seeing Mindanao (GenSan, Sarangani, South Cotabato) for the first time. One of my favorite adventures for the year. Mindanao was really beautiful.
Now, it’s 2012. In a few minutes, we will celebrate the Chinese new year — the year of the Water Dragon. According to the Chinese Horoscope, this year will be a good year for me (born during the Year of the Rooster). I believe it will be through hard work and optimism.
May 2012 be another amazing year!